Conversation Corner – Lauren Rankin
Lauren Rankin is about to celebrate her 10 year anniversary with Proteus Industrial. Within her 10 years at Proteus she has experienced a lot of the differing sectors, from the office-based jobs like answering calls and processing orders/debits to manufacturing special boards, standard products, despatch and returns, all contributing to Lauren becoming a well-rounded and experienced member of the team. We sat down with Lauren in Conversation Corner to discuss her loyal service.
1. What was your first job?
Working here at Proteus
2. Are you a tea or a coffee person?
I don’t drink hot drinks, but ironically do have to sort all the hot drinks out for visitors
3. Do you have any hidden talents or hobbies?
I’m a dancer. I’ve done troop dancing since I was 2, but I do all other kinds as well
4. What’s the top destination on your must-visit list?
Tough one… Probably the Maldives as I would love to experience it
5. If you could invite four celebrities to a dinner party, who would they be?
Taylor Swift, Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds
6. What’s your guilty pleasure?
I’m a big Disney fan
7. Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work?
My mum, Julie, as I work with her everyday
8. If you were stuck on an island with three colleagues, who would you want with you?
Julie as she would look after me, Chris because we chat quite a bit, and Tammy as she’s funny
9. What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learnt whilst working at Proteus?
Don’t take things personally from customers
10. If your life here at IMD was a movie, who would play you as the leading character?
I’d want to play myself, as I know what I’d like to do. I feel someone else may not do it justice