Conversation Corner – Paula BarrattSpencer Yates
Paula Barratt joined Proteus Switchgear in 2011 and is this year celebrating her 10-year anniversary of employment. Predominantly working as part of the SCPD testing team, Paula was promoted to supervisor in August 2017 – which is a testament to her hard work and dedication over the years. Paula’s commitment to work is so strong, we have to ask her to take her outstanding holiday at the end of the year! We sat down with Paula in Conversation Corner to discuss her time at Proteus…
1. What was your first job?
My first job was working as a gas fire & cooker assistant for Valour in Erdington.
2. Are you a tea or a coffee person?
I always have to start the day with a coffee!
3. Do you have any hidden talents or hobbies?
I am a fan of cooking in my spare time, as well as making things – when we have a new baby born for someone at Proteus, I make them a ‘Nappy cake’.
4. What’s the top destination on your must-visit list?
I would love to go to Iceland to see the Northern Lights!
5. If you could invite four celebrities to a dinner party, who would they be?
Gino D’Acampo, Fred Sirieix and Gordon Ramsay for the food and Dawn French for the laughs!
6. What’s your guilty pleasure?
I am always buying shoes!
7. Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work?
8. If you were stuck on an island with three colleagues, who would you want with you?
Darren Thompson, Shane Hancox & Amanda Dryden
9. What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learnt whilst working at Proteus?
To help others.
10. If your life here at IMD was a movie, who would play you as the leading character?
Dame Julie Andrews.