Conversation Corner – Pete HemmingSpencer Yates
Pete Hemming has recently hit his 10-year service with Proteus Switchgear. Within 10 years Pete has had 3 promotions taking him from a Management Trainee all the way up to the factory manager. With a lengthy service and a regular face on the social channels Pete is a well-known member across all our brands. We sat down with Pete in Conversation Corner to discuss his time at Proteus.
1. What was your first job?
I worked at Woolworths and got made redundant at 17
2. Are you a tea or a coffee person?
Tea with 2 sweeteners
3. Do you have any hidden talents or hobbies?
I wouldn’t say I’m very talented… maybe that I (poorly) play football with Spencer, Cory and Shane
4. What’s the top destination on your must-visit list?
America, more specifically Florida because I’ve never been, and I love theme parks.
5. If you could invite four celebrities to a dinner party, who would they be?
Arsene Wenger, Will Ferrell, Jamie Carragher and The Rock – what a dinner party!
6. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Watching old wrestling pay-per-view, specifically the old ones from the early 2000’s.
7. Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work?
I’d have to say Kieran and Darren
8. If you were stuck on an island with three colleagues, who would you want with you?
That’s a hard one. I’d have Shane, Canning and Spen.
9. What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learnt whilst working at Proteus?
It sounds cliché, but you really do learn something new every day
10. If your life here at Proteus was a movie, who would play you as the leading character?
I would want Leonardo DiCaprio, but I don’t think he would want to play me