Conversation Corner – Ryan MastersSpencer Yates
Ryan Masters initially joined IMD for six weeks work experience in dispatch for Proteus when he was in year 11. Then in June 2017, when he was in year 13, he joined the design office for an additional two weeks work experience. A couple months later in the August, Ryan began working for IMD on a 18 month Digital Marketing Apprenticeship where he gained knowledge and qualifications making him a valuable asset to the team. Ryan took interest in the graphic design side of the office and has since been in charge of all our websites too. We sat down in Conversation Corner with Ryan to hear more about his time at IMD.
1. What was your first job?
My first job was a pot washer at a restaurant
2. Are you a tea or a coffee person?
I used to be more of a tea person but lately I’m moving over to coffee
3. Do you have any hidden talents or hobbies?
I built my own PC and I’m very good at video games
4. What’s the top destination on your must-visit list?
If it’s one I’ve been to before then I’d go back to Florida to visit Disney World and Universal. If it’s somewhere I haven’t been then probably Australia
5. If you could invite four celebrities to a dinner party, who would they be?
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, Kevin Hart, Ryan Reynolds and Jackie Chan
6. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Either Haribo Strawbs or Toffifee
7. Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work?
It would have to be Spencer, as he taught me everything I know about graphic design
8. If you were stuck on an island with three colleagues, who would you want with you?
I wouldn’t want Spencer because he’s scared of spiders. I’d like to have Anthony as he’s very adventurous, Scott for all his stories and snacks and Mark Pritchard as he would be the sensible one in the group
9. What’s your favourite part about your job?
Having control and sole responsibility over all the websites
10. What app could you not live without?
Probably YouTube as I enjoy watching videos all the time