Conversation Corner – Steve CookSpencer Yates
Steve ‘Barney’ Cook has amassed a whopping 35 years at Proteus Consumer. Over the years, Steve has been an integral cog in the machine – working across multiple departments, including pad printing, stores, line production and SCPD testing. With a keen aptitude for work and a smile on his face, Steve is one of the real characters amongst our thriving work force and is always hot in a debate regarding his beloved Leeds United. We sat down in Conversation Corner with Steve to discuss his lengthy service with Proteus Switchgear.
1. What was your first job?
My first job was for an electrical company making calculators.
2. Are you a tea or a coffee person?
Tea – no sugar!
3. Do you have any hidden talents or hobbies?
I have always played tennis, often with Chris Giles my colleague at Proteus. I’m a big football fan, especially Leeds United! In my spare time, I like to go to the cinema – I recently watched James Bond in No Time to Die!
4. What’s the top destination on your must-visit list?
5. If you could invite four celebrities to a dinner party, who would they be?
Tom Hanks, Lee Mack, Sandra Bullock & Amy Adams.
6. What’s your guilty pleasure?
It must be chocolate or ice cream – maybe both!
7. Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work?
My main influence at Proteus is Darren Thompson.
8. If you were stuck on an island with three colleagues, who would you want with you?
Tony O’Mahoney, Rebecca Biddle & Amanda Dryden.
9. What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learnt whilst working at Proteus?
To always show enthusiasm!
10. If your life here at IMD was a movie, who would play you as the leading character?
Tom Hanks would be the best option.